How can I help prevent stormwater runoff pollution at home?
There are lots of ways to help lessen the negative effects of stormwater. Visit the Best Management Practices page to find out more!
Where can I learn how to install my own rain garden?
There are many websites available that can help guide in designing your own rain garden. For a more hands-on approach, visit Tennessee Smart Yards to find information on upcoming workshops and tips for installing a rain garden of your own!
What do I do if I see oil spills in the street near my house?
The best thing to do is to scatter kitty litter on the spill, sweep it up, and bring it to the local hazardous waste facility. If you witness a large spill, please call the Police Dispatcher at (865) 425-4399 to report the spill.
What can I do if I see illicit discharge or pollution happening!?
Please contact us if you notice:
- Foam, bubbles, or any discoloration in a ditch or waterway
- Wastewater being pumped to a waterway or stormdrain
- Oil/fluid/chemical spills on the street and/or heading to a stormdrain or waterway
- A strange odor coming from a stormdrain or waterway
- Sediment running off of a construction site